Membership to the Colorado Airport Operators Association (CAOA) is open to all Public and Private use airports operating in the State of Colorado, Government agencies operating in the airport and aviation arenas and business entities providing goods and services to the Colorado airport community.
General Statements on how the CAOA operates as an Organization, taken from the CAOA By-Laws:
- To serve the common interests of the owners, operators and users of the airports in Colorado.
- Providing a unified voice to the Colorado General Assembly, the FAA and the Congress of the United States on proposed or pending legislation and regulations effecting Colorado Airports.
- Providing a pathway for the exchange of ideas, methods, information and experiences, relative to airport operations.
- Promoting and encouraging the public’s understanding of the value of aviation and airports to Colorado Communities.
- Cooperating with all governmental agencies and their organizations for the betterment of aviation.
- Promoting safety in the development of airport facilities and operating procedures.
- Providing training opportunities for Airport management, operations and maintenance personnel
Features and Benefits for Members
- Provides networking opportunities through conferences and special events.
- Provides a forum for updates from CDOT Division of Aeronautics and the FAA.
- Provides State and Federal Legislative updates
- Holds a State Legislative Reception annually on Airport and Aviation issues.
- Members receive reduced rates at CAOA Sponsored events.
- Members are qualified to host conferences and special events.
- Members have access to Website opportunities, such as major announcements and classifieds.
- Provides interaction opportunity between the member airports and the Corporate/Business members