The Colorado Airport Operators Association (CAOA) is happy to bring a comprehensive training program on Advanced Airport Safety & Operations Specialist School, also known as ASOS to Vail this fall. The course will be presented by AAAE which has been training and certifying airport management professionals since 1954. Advanced Schools are tailored for individuals who have either attended an earlier ASOS school, experienced one or more annual FAA Certification Inspections or have at least two years of experience in airport operations. The school has fewer prepared presentations, and more group Part 139 problem-solving exercises so that all attendees can actively participate in the proceedings. Participants are encouraged to discuss best management practices and lessons learned at their airports or from other experiences.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The material covered can be applied to small, medium or large hub airports anywhere. The following persons should attend:
- Apply 14 CFR Part 139, knowledge learned from the Basic ASOS School, and practical experience from your airport to solve airport operational case studies
- Network with Airport Operators and industry professionals from around the country
- Apply new airport operational techniques learned from this course to your airport
- ASOS schools are an excellent option available for airport operators to comply with 139.303(c-e)
- Learn how to respond to airport operational emergencies
The training will begin at 8 a.m. on Monday, October 3 and will end at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 4. Breakfast and Lunch are provided by the Colorado Airport Operators Association. All sessions will take place at the Evergreen Lodge 250 S Frontage Rd. Vail, CO 81657